Schrecksee Hike

• Hallo

Ich bin gerade von einem sehr angenehmen Nacht Wanderung mit meinem Bruder-Schwiegersohn. Als Plan war, eine Wanderung auf den Schrecksee See (knapp 2000 Meter) und dann schlafen dort wandern von Gipfel zu Gipfel heute, das was wir getan haben ist.
    Schrecksee IIS ein guter Name für einen ist, wie es dunkle und geheimnisvolle Atmosphäre an sich hat.

Ich dachte, ich würde ein paar Fotos zu teilen. Ich nahm ein paar von ihnen, aber mein Schwager hat die meisten :)

Hi

I just got back from a very pleasant overnight hike with my brother-inlaw . Than plan was to hike up to the Schrecksee lake ( just under 2000 metres ) and sleep there then hike from peak to peak today which is what we did .
    Schrecksee iis a good name for is as it has a dark and mysterious feel about it .

I thought I would share some photos . I took a few of them but my brother in-law took most :)

On the way up

Coming into our destination for the night

Home for the night was a tarp and bivi bags

The next morning had a moody start to the weather but soon brightened up

Saw some Marmots on a small ridge and had the chance to try out the supper zoom feature that I recently discovered my camera had (after 2 years of owning it)

And on the way down

Customary knife photo

The End (me)

• Thanks for the pictures! I always think that is amazing how many animals are there.
    In my enviroment (Münsterland) aren't that many, or I didn't see them ;)

Gruß

Flex

-----

„Wer die Freiheit aufgibt um Sicherheit zu gewinnen, der wird am Ende beides verlieren.“
    Benjamin Franklin

• Wow, das ist ja vielleicht eine schöne Ecke!
    Leider viel zu weit weg von mir, aber ich danke dir für den Bericht und die tollen Bilder – jetzt habe ich wieder ein Reiseziel mehr :)
    Auf die Insel im See würde ich gerne.

Lieben Gruß,
    Ilves

• Hi Phil, great pictures of a nice hike, thanks for sharing :)

I found that marmot kinda funny, are there many of them up there? A some time ago I was a few days in the french alps, I've only seen ONE of the guys (and my brother in law said: "They have big rabbits in the mountains" ^^) I'm jealous regarding the pictures, it's a really beautyful environment there :)

• Hi Phil, great pictures of a nice hike, thanks for sharing :)

I found that marmot kinda funny, are there many of them up there? A some time ago I was a few days in the french alps, I've only seen ONE of the guys (and my brother in law said: "They have big rabbits in the mountains" ^^) I'm jealous regarding the pictures, it's a really beautyful environment there :)

Hi

Yes there were quite a few Marmots on the walk I done. I saw 6 different ones :) . If you are evry in my area then I would be happy to take you there and show you where they live :)

Hallo

Ja, es gab ein paar Murmeltiere auf dem Fußweg ich getan. Ich sah, 6 verschiedene :). Wenn Sie Evry in meiner Gegend sind dann würde ich mich freuen, Sie dort zu treffen und Ihnen zeigen, wo sie leben :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!